ISO 20000 training, Foundation, certification Understanding the Service Management System
- Master the fundamentals of service management according to ITIL® and ISO 20000
- Identify service management processes
- Understand the Service Management System approach of ISO 20000
- Prepare for the Foundation exam of ITIL® and ISO 20000.
Anyone working within an organization providing IS services and needing knowledge of ISO 20000.
A good understanding of IS is recommended. Good level of English (course material and MCQ exam in English).
Practical exercises and demonstrations will allow you to put into practice the theoretical concepts presented.
For “Distance” training, they are carried out with a Teams or Zoom type videoconferencing tool depending on the case, allowing the trainer to adapt his teaching methods.
Find on our website all the details about distance sessions or virtual classes.
- Introduction to the fundamentals of ISO 20000
- Definitions of service, Service Management and Service Management System.
- History of the ISO 20000 standard for IT Service Management.
- The content of ISO 20000. Link and differences compared to ITIL “best practices”.
- Continuous improvement and the PDCA.
- The different levels of ISO 20000 certification.
Discussions on the main terms and definitions discussed.
- General requirements of a Service Management System
- The responsibilities of management.
- Governance of processes.
- Document management.
- Resource management.
- The PDCA integrated into the Service Management System.
Quiz on the PDCA.
- The Service Management System processes
- The process groups within the Service Management System.
- Service provision processes: capacity management, continuity, availability, SLA management, etc.
- Relationship management processes: Supplier Management, Business Relationship Management.
- Resolution processes: incident management and problem management, request management.
- Control processes: configuration management, change and deployment management.
From a contextualized case, collective reflection exercises on the different processes.
- The scope of application of the ISO 20000 standard
- Presentation of the ISO 20000 part 3 standard related to the scope of application.
- Define the scope of applicability. Good practices.
- How to take into account the suppliers in the scope of applicability of ISO 20000?
Quiz on applicability and scope.
- Certification of organizations
- Why get ISO 20000 certified? Complementarity with ISO 9001.
- The certification audit.
- Types and principles of audit.
- The certification process for organizations.
Quiz on audit evidence.
- Certification exam
- General revisions.
- Mock exam and collective correction.
- Certification exam.